|THE SHANNON PILOT 43
“Any serious cruiser looking for shelter from the sun, wind, rain, fog or cold will
THE SHANNON PILOT 43 VIDEO
• The Pilot 43 is the answer for sailors who are looking for a short-handed, mid-sized ocean cruiser that allows them to get out of the weather. The wheelhouse offers protection from the sun, and shelter from the rain and cold, making the Pilot 43 the ultimate yacht for all seasons.
• The Pilot 43 has the same offshore sailing characteristics and seaworthiness of the Shannon aft cockpit 43 combined with the comfort of an interior steering station.
• The Pilot 43 has excellent visibility from its cockpit even with the wheelhouse.
• The Shannon Pilot 43 is a medium displacement boat built to the strongest construction standards in the industry that provides the necessary water and fuel capacities, and creates an environment where people can sail safely, comfortably, and quickly no matter how long or short the passage.
• The Pilot 43 is available in either a fixed keel or a keel centerboard hull.
• The Pilot 43 is a full-rigged auxiliary, not a motorsailer, with a choice of rig: cutter or custom Shannon “Scutter”. For our motorsailer, please visit Shannon 53 HPS.
• The Pilot 43 offers excellent ocean sailing capability, good speed in light air and exceptional seaworthiness.
• The Pilot 43 has a length/displacement ratio of 250, and a sail area/displacement ratio of 18.6.
• The Pilot 43 hull design has been proven on many ocean voyages and the people sailing them have the enormous advantage of being on a boat that will not tire them out during the passage.